Friday 16 March 2012

Book - Historian’s new book shows village’s past (Awsworth)

AN AWSWORTH historian said he is ‘extremely pleased’ with reaction to a book he had published about the village’s past.
Bryan Maloney has put together Awsworth Through Time after self-publishing his first book – A History of Awsworth – which took 11 years to research.
He said: “I was trying to get it published but because I was an unknown no one was interested.
“Then a few weeks after I self published and the book was selling well I was asked to put together this book, Awsworth Through Time.”
The book features photographs of local landmarks and has pictures of the town and its people from as early as 1898.
It also contains more modern images and old and new pictures together.
Bryan, who is an Awsworth parish Councillor and also the president of the Awsworth and Cossall History Society, said: “Putting the book together I was amazed at how many football teams there have been in the village. There just seemed so many and all through time.
“There was also a lot of pictures of the Forty Bridges and industry in the area.
“When I saw the finished book I was thrilled with it.
“It took a long time to get sorted and published but it’s well worth it.
“I’ve been told it’s selling quite well so I’m extremely pleased.
“I’ve even been asked to do book signings in Nottingham and Ilkeston.”
The book, published by Amberley Publishing, is available to buy for £14.99 from Acacia Books, Ilkeston.
From: http://www.eastwoodadvertiser.co.uk/news/eastwood-kimberley-news/historian-s-new-book-shows-village-s-past-1-4344421

No comments:

Post a Comment