Wednesday 2 June 2010

Besthorpe Roman Dig 19-23 July

I've been a bit busy over the last week. I've visited Campsall and Burghwallis churches and visited the cross at Lilla Howe in North Yorkshire (King Edwin stuff!). Didn't realise Campsall had a crusader cross and early sundial (both well hidden - points if you find them)

My e-mail to Notts County Council last week regarding the community archaeology site not being updated since 2009 has been a success :)

http://www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/home/environment/heritage/archaeology/communityarchaeology/ncaevents.htm
Excavation Opportunity July 19th to 23rd
The chance to take part in a developer-led excavation of an extensive Romano British settlement, being carried out near Besthorpe.
The Nottinghamshire Community Archaeologists have teamed up with the Centre for Applied Archaeology at the University of Salford to make opportunities for members of the public to take part in this excavation.
contact us for more information and directions to the site.

I'm trying to get on this as it will help with my work on local Roman times and finally get me on a dig!

No comments:

Post a Comment